So, I haven't been intentionally neglecting my blog, but honestly I haven't had a minute to sit down and write. And now, as I'm typing this, there are about a million other things that I should be doing. But, Nora hit the eleven-month mile marker on Tuesday, and so that deserves a little bit of attention.
I have been thinking a lot about love lately, and not necessarily of the romantic variety. I've mostly been thinking about the love a parent has for their child. The lengths a parent will go to ensure the well being of their children. For starters, I have a pretty unbelievable and incredible example to follow. I have needed my parents more this past year than I have ever needed them before in my life. While I suppose I always knew it, I never really appreciated the unconditional support and love that they have provided me. And I'm seeing it in action now. I've seen their willingness to take on my burdens and do everything in their power to ease my hurt. I wish I had known the power of their love for me when I was younger. But, I think I needed to become a parent to understand it.
So, along those lines, I think about about my sweet babies and I know there is nothing on this earth I wouldn't do for them. Truly, there are no words to describe my love for them.
My sweet girl - my Nora-Belle. She is one amazing tiny human. She loves nothing more than a good cuddle. She is always happy and my little sunshine every day. I love watching her learn and explore her world - figuring out what she likes and trying so hard to master new skills every day. She started walking in earnest a few weeks ago - and she is so proud of herself. She likes to walk everywhere now, so long as she doesn't have to get there in a hurry.
I wish I could explain how much I love this little peanut - but I can't. My favorite part of the day is bedtime. I love putting Jack and Nora in the bath and watching them play together. I love putting on her pajamas and having Jack run into her room to kiss her belly. I love watching her little face light up when he does this, and hearing them laugh together is my most favorite sound in the world. I love getting into bed with her and quieting her down to go to sleep for the night. A part of me thinks that moment is her favorite part of the day as well - the one she has been waiting for. I watch her little face calm, feel her body relax into mine, and she just knows that she is cared for and loved. I need that every day.
In any case, things have been busy - both at work and home. My dad (St. Dean) has been working on the house to get it ready to go on the market in the next month or so. He painted our back deck and put out all our porch furniture this past week, so the kids and I made the most of things and had a dinner al fresco the other night.
Jack loved it - and even ate his whole dinner too. Blue appreciated the proximity of Nora's tray to his mouth. My raspberry bushes also started getting their fruit and it was kind of fun to pick the berries for the kids and put them straight onto their plates. After washing them, of course. Jack's behavior at school has also improved substantially. He doesn't have a good day every day, but he's getting better. And I'm getting better at learning how to talk to him so he understands as well.
So anyways, the past few weeks, the kids and I have been spending a lot of time with my family. Nana and Boppa took Jack and Nora to the zoo a while back, and Jack loved seeing all the animals.
And, I can't believe that the Fourth of July is already here. Seriously, how can summer already be half gone? We've got big plans this weekend - we're going to visit my sister and see her new house tomorrow. On Saturday, we're going to a pool party and then a family get-together. On Sunday, I was thinking of taking the kids to a splash pad or the zoo, depending on the weather. Other than that, I know we'll be busy, but that's okay. It takes a village, I think, both to raise children and get through life. So, to paraphrase the Stones, you don't always get what you want, but you if you try, you can find what you need.
No comments:
Post a Comment