I didn't even remember to write last week - I can't believe it. I feel like I've been going all over the state for work and when I'm in the office or at home, I'm trying to catch up on what I missed while logging miles on my car. And then, I start writing a post and get called away to do something and suddenly, it's Friday. So, the good news is that the house is ALMOST done. I can't even begin to tell you how hard my family worked on getting me to this point. My dad has literally been logging twelve hour days for the past month and, honestly, he did the work better than anyone I could have ever hired to complete it. Today, the real estate agents came by to reassess and give me some paperwork and he walked through the house, showing them everything he'd done, just like he was showing off a prize watermelon at the State Fair.
The kids are doing well - Ms. Anna (Jack's favorite teacher) told me that Jack had his best week ever at school. He participated in group time (which is a rarity) and even knew answers to questions he was asked - so he was paying attention too. Nora has started to transition into the Toddler room at school too. She took her first nap on a cot yesterday.
It'll be a few more months before she's officially in the Toddler room, but she's getting there - she's pretty advanced physically for her age - just like her brother. She walked early, mastered the art of sitting on a chair and eating meals, and now, she's learning how to nap on a cot. I can't believe that she'll be a year old by this time next week.
In any case, last weekend I took an early day on Friday and grabbed the kids to see the new Minion movie. Both kids did really well during the show. They were a little antsy by the end, but we went to an early show and it was filled with small children anyways, so it wasn't a big deal. Afterwards, Jack declared that he wanted a hot dog for dinner and so we headed over to Five Guys and sat outside.
I had promised the kids that we'd go to the beach on Saturday. However, we were hit by a rather large storm on Friday night - one that required us to spend the night in the basement. I had no idea it was coming. Fortunately, we were just fine and the house was relatively unscathed. There were lots of downed tree branches and the patio table shattered. So, we got up on Saturday morning, got dressed and ran a few errands - we went and got a new patio table, picked up a vacuum from my parents' house, and ordered Nora's birthday cake. We did manage to get to the "beach" but it had been obliterated by the storm the night before. Fortunately, Jack and Nora were both happy to play at the park and eat the picnic lunch I'd packed.
Both kids faded pretty quickly in the sun, so we went home for naps. I spent four (yes, four) hours cleaning up the shattered glass on the deck and putting together the new porch table. After they woke up, we ran to the mall and we ALL crashed early.
On Sunday, we all slept in again, which was fine by me. We spent the morning laying around the house and we headed to the Hopkins Raspberry Festival late in the morning. There was supposed to be a parade, but Jack really had no interest - he just kept asking me when we were going to go home and take a nap. He was excited about the firetrucks, but mostly, I walked down Main Street in Hopkins, alternating between carrying him, pushing the stroller, and walking with his arms wrapped around my leg.
And I couldn't even tell you what I did the rest of the week - we've been spending a lot of time out on the back deck, splashing in the pool and running errands all over creation. Poor Nora has yet another ear infection - and (un)fortunately, we're to the point where I can call the pediatrician and have a prescription called in so I don't have to bring her in to get checked. She was pretty crabby today - her eyes were flying at half-mast most of the morning and she's been fussy since she got home. Even a good cuddle wouldn't appease her. So, it was an early bath and bedtime for her. I hope that the antibiotics kick in soon and baby girl starts feeling better soon.
Little man is doing really well too. He's turning into quite the comic. He's convinced that I have a magic wand that can turn him into a baby (just for a little while) or some kind of bird. He also thinks that I can make the car fly with my magic wand. He's quite the lover right now, and always wants to give hugs and kisses. Every morning, he wakes up and plays with the iPad in bed. When I bring Nora in from her room, he always comes over to give her a kiss and ask how she slept. It absolutely melts my heart.
And I think that's about it for now - things should finally start to slow down and, by this time next week, we'll be getting ready for Nora's first birthday party. Nana and Auntie really went all out and I'm excited to see how she does with her smash cake. Girlfriend is going to love it.
The kids are doing well - Ms. Anna (Jack's favorite teacher) told me that Jack had his best week ever at school. He participated in group time (which is a rarity) and even knew answers to questions he was asked - so he was paying attention too. Nora has started to transition into the Toddler room at school too. She took her first nap on a cot yesterday.
It'll be a few more months before she's officially in the Toddler room, but she's getting there - she's pretty advanced physically for her age - just like her brother. She walked early, mastered the art of sitting on a chair and eating meals, and now, she's learning how to nap on a cot. I can't believe that she'll be a year old by this time next week.
In any case, last weekend I took an early day on Friday and grabbed the kids to see the new Minion movie. Both kids did really well during the show. They were a little antsy by the end, but we went to an early show and it was filled with small children anyways, so it wasn't a big deal. Afterwards, Jack declared that he wanted a hot dog for dinner and so we headed over to Five Guys and sat outside.
I had promised the kids that we'd go to the beach on Saturday. However, we were hit by a rather large storm on Friday night - one that required us to spend the night in the basement. I had no idea it was coming. Fortunately, we were just fine and the house was relatively unscathed. There were lots of downed tree branches and the patio table shattered. So, we got up on Saturday morning, got dressed and ran a few errands - we went and got a new patio table, picked up a vacuum from my parents' house, and ordered Nora's birthday cake. We did manage to get to the "beach" but it had been obliterated by the storm the night before. Fortunately, Jack and Nora were both happy to play at the park and eat the picnic lunch I'd packed.
Both kids faded pretty quickly in the sun, so we went home for naps. I spent four (yes, four) hours cleaning up the shattered glass on the deck and putting together the new porch table. After they woke up, we ran to the mall and we ALL crashed early.
On Sunday, we all slept in again, which was fine by me. We spent the morning laying around the house and we headed to the Hopkins Raspberry Festival late in the morning. There was supposed to be a parade, but Jack really had no interest - he just kept asking me when we were going to go home and take a nap. He was excited about the firetrucks, but mostly, I walked down Main Street in Hopkins, alternating between carrying him, pushing the stroller, and walking with his arms wrapped around my leg.
And I couldn't even tell you what I did the rest of the week - we've been spending a lot of time out on the back deck, splashing in the pool and running errands all over creation. Poor Nora has yet another ear infection - and (un)fortunately, we're to the point where I can call the pediatrician and have a prescription called in so I don't have to bring her in to get checked. She was pretty crabby today - her eyes were flying at half-mast most of the morning and she's been fussy since she got home. Even a good cuddle wouldn't appease her. So, it was an early bath and bedtime for her. I hope that the antibiotics kick in soon and baby girl starts feeling better soon.
Little man is doing really well too. He's turning into quite the comic. He's convinced that I have a magic wand that can turn him into a baby (just for a little while) or some kind of bird. He also thinks that I can make the car fly with my magic wand. He's quite the lover right now, and always wants to give hugs and kisses. Every morning, he wakes up and plays with the iPad in bed. When I bring Nora in from her room, he always comes over to give her a kiss and ask how she slept. It absolutely melts my heart.
And I think that's about it for now - things should finally start to slow down and, by this time next week, we'll be getting ready for Nora's first birthday party. Nana and Auntie really went all out and I'm excited to see how she does with her smash cake. Girlfriend is going to love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment