What a weekend!
Why is it that weekends seem to go by so quickly? We had so much fun these past two days, that it makes going to work on Monday all the more frustrating. On Friday, I hopped out of work early, and went over to Target. I wanted to buy a baby Jump Jump for Jack. You see, on Thursday night, during playtime, all he wanted to do was bounce up and down and stand up. I had him on my lap and if I even tried to put him in a sititng position, he started kicking my stomach. Not so much fun. I went to bed on Thursday night with really sore arms from all the bouncing, supporting, and lifting of my little fourteen pound monster.
So, a Jump Jump was in order. I picked it up, brought it home, and figured that it'd take me about a half hour to put together. Three HOURS later, I was still struggling with the stupid thing when Jeff came home. And by that time, I was sweating and really letting the explatives fly. Fortunately, Jeff stepped in and finished putting the stupid contraption together. And boy, am I glad he did. Jack loves it. Absolutely loves it. He loves being able to sit upright, play with all the toys, and move around. I think it looks like a spaceship.
In any case, Jack was content to tool around in his Jump Jump while I cooked a pasta dinner. We never have pasta in the house, mostly because we're always trying to watch what we eat and trying to avoid carbohydrates as much as possible. But, Jeff needed a little bit of extra energy because on Saturday, he ran a ten mile race!
Jack and I dropped him off early at the starting line and then we went to park the car. I was a little nervous about the weather and keeping Jack warm. Fortunately, it was really sunny and kept getting warmer as the day went on. It was still a little windy, but the little man was a real champ. Here we are with the sign we made for Jeff to show him our support:
I also bought Jack a pair of baby sunglasses at Target on Friday, because I didn't want him to go blind from staring into the sun. And I'm really glad that I did because it was impossibly sunny on Saturday. I really have no clue if Jack appreciated them or not, but he dutifully kept them on.
Jeff ran a great race and beat his personal goal, so he was really happy afterwards, if a little cramped and tired. So, we went to brunch with Grammy and Papa. Jack was pretty tired from all the fresh air, so he slept through the entire meal. When we got home, I tended to a few things around the house and then Jack, Maverick and I went for our first outdoor walk while Jeff took a nap. I'm not sure Jack really loved it, but it was nice to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Then, on Saturday night, we went out for dinner to celebrate a good friend's birthday. We dropped Jack off at the gym for "Parents' Night Out." For $15.00, the gym staffs the child care center for four hours. I was impossibly nervous dropping him off, and I don't think they really expected to have a baby. Still, Jack was napping peacefully when I picked him up, so things turned out just fine. Plus, it was nice to go out and have some grown up time. Having a little baby really does preoccupy your thoughts, and I really had to focus on keeping the conversation steered away from the fact that Jack learned to suck his fist or roll over. I'm not sure how well I did.
Yesterday, Jack and I went to church and then spent the rest of the day at home. We tried going for another walk after his morning nap, but he really didn't like that. I tried him in the jogger and I think he was pretty uncomfortable. We walked up to try and see the alpacas in the neighborhood, but they were put away for the weekend, I think.
Since yesterday was daylight savings time, I think that Jack's schedule was a little screwed up as well. I woke him up earlier than he wanted to get up, and we put him to bed earlier than he was used to. It really seemed to take a toll on him because he was up just about every hour last night. So, when he woke up at 5:30 this morning, I went in, fed him, and went to the gym. Finally. It was really hard not to see him this morning. But, like I said before, I know this is something I need to do, and therefore, to the gym I go. Today, Jack is at Grammy Camp, which is a good thing. I'm hoping that this week, we'll finally settle into a routine because the first few weeks being back to work have been a bit bumpy with illness and separation anxiety.
I'm so glad it's finally March. I think that this is one of my most favorite months for several reasons. First off, there's March Madness. I really love it. I mean, I really love it. Jeff just says that I like the gambling part, and he's probably right, but I love putting my brackets together and following the tournament results. It's also starting to get warmer, which means I can open up the windows and we can start to go outside again. Yesterday, during nap time, I actually took my book outside to our deck and read. There's also Girl Scout cookies, spring vacations, and a general sense that we made it through the winter and don't have to deal with snow boots or shoveling for at least another six months. This year, I'm looking forward to Easter. But more importantly, I'm looking forward to meeting my nephew, who should grace us with his presence any day now. I have my bets placed on tomorrow, but babies come when they want to. And I should know that!
No comments:
Post a Comment