Monday, March 5, 2012

Amending my Prior Post...

So, as it turns out, Jeff and I likely had a wicked flu on Saturday.  I called my mom yesterday afternoon to talk about Grammy Camp for today, and she said my dad had been sick since about noon.  We placed day care plans on hold, pending an improvement in his overall health.  Well, when I called them this morning, my mom was taken down!  Seriously, this stuff is nasty and will knock anyone flat on their back for a solid thirty-six hours. 

So, Jeff and I figured we could take Jack to day care this morning and he'd miss another day this week to spend with my parents.  But, when I called the center, they told me that they didn't have enough staff to cover him if he came in today.  And to complicate matters, Jack has been up since 4:30 this morning! 

So, I got up, got dressed, put Jack in the car seat and drove into work.  Thankfully, he fell asleep on the way into the office and is now sleeping peacefully in his stroller.  I have a hearing in Bemidji tomorrow, so I've got a lot of preparing to do, and I'm hoping that this little early riser will be content to sleep for most of the morning. 

So, the flu is going around.  And it's nasty. 

Last night, Jack took a bath, like he does every night, but I decided to bring out some of his bath toys, since he's becoming much more aware of his surroundings.  In any case, I found this little crab, and at first, I think he was a little scared of the crab because his eyes grew really round and he looked like he was getting nervous, because he kept looking over at me to gauge my reaction. 


I just think that picture is hysterical.  I also told you that last week, Jack started rolling over.  This has started to become somewhat more of a "problem" because he's now rolling over onto his stomach in his crib.  I don't really know if that's dangerous or not, but he can't seem to figure out how to flip onto his back.  So, last night, I went into his room several times because I could tell by his crying that he had rolled over and needed to be turned around.  I don't really know how we're going to fix that. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment