So, last night, Jack and I were playing on the floor. We were practicing standing, walking, and he likes to use these opportunities to give "kisses." In any case, the little "bruiser" came barreling towards me and his head hit me right on the bridge of my nose. He immediately started crying, my eyes started to water, and as I picked him up, I noticed my nose had started bleeding. And then I started to cry, which made Jack even more upset.
After we got all quieted down, I went to clean myself up and inspect the damage. My nose had swelled and was starting to bruise. And I could definitely tell that it was slanting to the left. So, I put some ice on it, took some Aleve and then later Googled what I should do and ended up using some Afrin and Sudafed.
In any case, when I woke up this morning, my nose was still swollen, still bruised, and it still hurt. So, I went to a Doc-in-the-Box who took an x-ray and confirmed a small, displaced nasal fracture. I've always liked my nose, but I immediately started to think that I was going to need a nose job. Fortunately, the doctor told me that he could set my nose right there in the office. So, they shot some numbing stuff up my nose, the doctor got a grip on it with his thumbs, pulled down and I felt it slide right back into place. My face is still swollen and still bruised, and I'm sure it's only going to get worse...
The reason I'm putting this down in the blog is so I never forget and can tell Jack some day that - not only did I carry him for nine months - but I am now a battered mother. But for now, just call me Marcia. I suppose I should be glad I only have a deposition this afternoon and not a date with Doug...
No comments:
Post a Comment