Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jack's First Day of "School."

So, yesterday, I went back to work.  Jack went to school.  It was a big day in our house.  A lot of tears were shed by me, of course.  Not Jack.  I always wonder what he's thinking.  We had finally settled down into a really great routine, and now I up and change it all because I have to go to work.  Jeff started a four day trial yesterday, so he was up and out of the house before we even woke up. 

I had spent most of Sunday and Monday getting our things ready for the week.  I prepped all our dinner meals, packed our lunches, and got our bags ready.  Yes, Jack needs to take stuff to school too!  On Monday night, I set out our outfits that we'd wear the next day so I didn't have to go searching for a clean onesie.  I got up early and started crying.  I then proceeded to cry in the shower.  I cried while getting Jack dressed and it continued all the way to day care.  I wore my sunglasses the entire time.  It's hard not being able to explain things to him so he can understand them.  And then I cried all the way to my mediation. 

Jack, of course, did great at day care and had a really good day.  When I went to pick him up, he was sitting in a swing.  When he saw me, he kicked his little legs, waved his chubby arms, and gave me the biggest smile and giggle.  That was the best part of my day.  However, Jack didn't really nap well during the day, so he morphed into a mini-monster when we got home.  He was tired and hungry, he just wanted to be held and to fall asleep.  Which is not something I had the time for!  As any working mom knows, there are a million little things to do when you get home from work.  Get the kid settled, start dinner, do the laundry, if you have time...pack things up and get organized for the next day.  I was so busy whipping around the house that when I looked at the clock, it was 6:30!  So, I slowed down and took some time to talk to Jack about his day.  He had quite a bit to say about the whole experience...

Today, things were a little better.  I would say that I was only misty-eyed this morning.  It helps that I have a mountain of work on my desk, because the day really does go by so much quicker.  I will also say that it helps to have amazing parents as well, who come up and arrange your furniture for you and shovel your driveway!  I also got a ton of calls, texts, messages, and emails yesterday with words of encouragement, so that helped make the day a little easier.  I am anxious for Jeff's trial to be done with.  Not only do I miss my husband, but I could use a little help!  Day one of being a working mother, and I'm already calling in reserves.  I know it will get easier as time goes on and I'll get into a routine.  I know all these things.  But can we just skip to that point now, please? 

Finally, Jack's day care just emailed me this picture.  Needless to say, I think he's in good hands and having WAY more fun there than I am at the office.  Seriously, I don't think this kid could get any cuter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment