Somehow, the days just seem to get away from me. This should frighten me. Before I know it, May will have disappeared and all of a sudden, I'll be staring down the barrel of imminent childbirth. I had an appointment with Duckie this morning and everything looks good. I've been dealing with the cold from hell for the better part of a month and I'm FINALLY starting to feel better - and the doctor gave me the green light to get on a plane and fly to New Jersey on Thursday. I've still got a condition called placenta previa, which isn't a big deal unless I go into labor. Long story short - I've got another ultrasound at the end of May and if the condition hasn't resolved itself, I'll schedule a c-section for the first part of July. This doesn't bother me in any way - and I'm starting to lean towards a planned birth. I would be able to make sure that Jack and Blue were taken care of, have a few meals planned, and I'd have a set date when I'd know I'd be out of the office. And, as an added bonus, my pregnancy would be shortened. Still, I loved being in labor with Jack. I thought it was the coolest experience ever. But still, this little princess is shaping up to be quite the drama queen, so odds are that things aren't going to be as fantastic as they were the first time around. Also, and mostly because I'm just writing about this pregnancy, I went and took a "bump" picture to document the fact that yes, I was pregnant at one point:
Obviously, I've had a lot of other issues going on this time around and I haven't loved being pregnant, but I think that things are finally starting to even out - I have more energy and I've felt pretty good for the past several weeks, with the exception of this lingering cold. I've also had some weird food cravings - mostly for Cheetos and muffins, but that's really about it.
Anyways, we've started talking to Jack a lot about the fact that there's going to be a baby here soon. He knows that "Mama holds the baby" in her belly and that sometimes, I get sick and need to rest and take my medicine. We're working on trying to teach him to be gentle around me and that he can't body slam me any more. He knows the baby's name, but occasionally, he comes up with better names for her - last week he wanted to call her Goofy or Baby Blue-Dog. Today, he told me he wanted to name her Baby Stinky. It's all about context clues for him. I happen to think we've reached a pretty fun stage with him - he's got tons of words and says exactly what's on his mind. This morning, he whacked Blue and Jeff put him in time out. When Jeff asked if he was sorry and ready to apologize, Jack told him "no." At least he's honest. And it means he hasn't figured out the system just yet.
Our Easter was pretty routine. We went to church and then to my parents' for dinner. Jack and Wim were all decked out in their Easter finery and they had fun looking for Easter eggs and opening up their presents. However, now Jack thinks that all eggs are Easter eggs and brought me a bar of soap the other day, telling me that he found another Easter egg. And then he was upset that it didn't open and didn't contain chocolate.
Last week, Jack went to Grammy Camp and it was gorgeous outside. He and Wim had a blast playing outside with all of the forgotten toys.
Today, it's raining/snowing again. It makes it easier to work, I guess, but it's getting pretty tough to stay inside. Now that we've had a few nice days, all Jack wants to do is go outside, run around and blow bubbles. I'm hoping for a few nice days out in New Jersey so we can actually go to the park or do something outside. I'm so sick of being cooped up.
So, Jack's latest obsession is his Easter hat and sunglasses. He has to wear this stuff every time we go anywhere - even if it's not sunny outside. He always asks, "my glasses?" when we're getting ready to go and insists on wearing them everywhere. I couldn't care less - he looks awesome.
This past weekend was pretty routine - Jeff and Jack went to the mall for a haircut while I got a massage and ran errands on Saturday. Jeff and I went out to dinner on Saturday night, which was a treat even if I couldn't taste one bite of my meal. On Sunday, Jack and I went to church and then to my sister's house to drop off flowers for her birthday. We went to McDonald's to play for a bit, but I think Jack was pretty tired. So, we went home and we both took a nap. When we got up, we did some art, played with Play-Do and watched Frozen - it was rainy and crummy out, unfortunately.
And then, we're heading out to New Jersey for Baby Maddie's christening this week. I'm looking forward to a little bit of a vacation and seeing all our family - who knows the next time we'll be able to get out there? Anyways, I've posted a few more random pictures that I've taken of Jack over the past week or so - no really good stories to go with them, but like I said, he's at an awesome stage right now, so everything he does is funny!


No comments:
Post a Comment