So, over the past few weeks, I've pretty much been letting Jack do whatever he wants, in terms of sleeping and feeding. He's been such a good little man that it's easy to take him places because he just sleeps the day away in his car seat. Well, that started to turn into some late nights for his mother, so now, we're working on getting into a routine. Yesterday, he really only slept for about an hour and a half, and fell asleep last night at about 8:00 while we were out at our Christmas party. Makes it really easy for me to socialize (because who doesn't LOVE to hold a sleeping baby?) but again, we had yet another late night. So, today, we're working on establishing a routine. And we're finally using some of our gadgets - like the crib and video monitor!
So, we woke up this morning, had some breakfast, and Jack went back to bed while I got ready and started on the morning chores. Jack woke up at about 7:30 and I got him dressed and took him downstairs for some stretch and play time. He fell asleep after the mid-morning feeding, so I went upstairs to put him in his crib. Well, he doesn't really seem to want to sleep there just yet, and as I'm typing this, I can see on the video monitor that he's awake and playing in his crib. He's not crying, and I'm hoping that he'll go back to sleep. He's also developing the nasty habit of only sleeping when someone (namely me) is holding him. Obviously, that will have to change.
We're in the midst of Christmas partying. Last night, we kicked off the holiday with a party at my girlfriend's house. It was so much fun. Jack was such a good little boy and was very accommodating for all his aunties. He also wore a special outfit!
He is very handsome. This afternoon, Jack is going to stay with my parents while I head to the doctor - yet another big step. His first babysitters! We have a Christmas get together with my dad's side of the family tonight, so he'll have to bring his game yet again. Tomorrow night, my high school girlfriends are coming over as well. And, Jeff is going to dress up as Santa Claus! Finally, we'll head to my parents' house on Christmas Eve and stay there through Christmas Day. I'm actually looking forward to next week when things will have calmed down and then we can really work on getting on an appropriate schedule.
Finally, we're headed out to New Jersey to meet all the family in the middle of January. Fortunately, I'll be traveling out with Grandma T. and hopefully Jeff, so the flying won't be too stressful...I hope! We'll be staying with Aunt Kate and "Unkie" Chris in their new house and I'm so excited to see that, along with all our other relatives!
And don't worry, I'll make sure to take LOTS of pictures of Jack's first Christmas. But, until then, I"ll just put this one picture up here, just to make you smile. This little face sure makes me smile every day!
PS...the little man is still awake and playing in his crib. The good news is that he doesn't hate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment